A re-elected PC government will bring more jobs to Southwestern Ontario by moving the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) head office to London and investing an additional $160 million to improve the speed and frequency of GO train service between London and Toronto.
“We’re giving Southwestern Ontario’s economy a much-needed boost by bringing the WSIB head office to London and expanding and improving GO train service for the region,” said Doug Ford. “The Del Duca-Wynne Liberals chased away 300,000 good manufacturing jobs and concentrated government agencies in downtown Toronto, neglecting communities like London. The radical NDP is beholden to the interests of downtown Toronto activists and can’t be trusted to move agencies to more communities.”
Relocating the WSIB head office from the heart of downtown Toronto will bring good jobs to London and spur local economic development while also saving Ontario taxpayers tens of millions of dollars each year by ending some of the most expensive government leases in the country. The relocation is the centrepiece of a series of investments and initiatives by the Ontario PCs to bring better jobs and bigger paycheques to London and all across Southwestern Ontario. This includes attracting good manufacturing jobs to Southwestern Ontario and significant investments to better connect the region with better GO train service.
A re-elected PC government will invest an additional $160 million to improve the speed and frequency of all-new GO train service between London and Toronto. This investment builds on the historic news from last October when the PC government extended passenger rail service along the Kitchener GO line to London for the first time in Ontario’s history. This new service has increased regional transit options for thousands of people each week in communities across Southwestern Ontario, enabling more connections between London, St. Mary’s, Stratford, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, and downtown Toronto.
Once completed, Londoners will be able to access a lower cost and convenient alternative to travelling by car, significantly reducing the current one-way travel time for commuters and giving them more time to spend with their families.
“The Del Duca-Wynne Liberals failed to connect London with a reliable rail service, instead wasting millions of dollars and years on failed rail projects as the people of London were left waiting,” added Ford. “Andrea Horwath and the NDP will oppose anything and everything, including voting against bringing GO train service to London. Ontario PCs will get it done and bring thousands more jobs and rail service to London.”
The PC government has also attracted major investments in jobs for London and Southwestern Ontario, including Medicom’s new $120-million nitrile glove plant and a historic $2 billion investment by GM to protect and create thousands of direct and indirect jobs in Ontario, including the conversion of its CAMI Ingersoll plant into the first full-scale electric vehicle manufacturing facility in Canada.
Doug Ford is the only leader with a real plan:
● Rebuilding Ontario’s economy with good manufacturing jobs, more support for small business and a mining plan that will finally open up the Ring of Fire.
● Working for workers by encouraging apprenticeships and opening up jobs in the skilled trades, allowing colleges to grant three-year degrees and increasing the minimum wage.
● Building highways and infrastructure, including Highway 413, the Bradford Bypass while investing in the 401 East.
● Keeping costs down by lowering gas taxes, getting rid of license plate stickers and removing unfair tolls on Highways 412 and 418.
● Plan to stay open by hiring more nurses, doctors and personal support workers, allowing more seniors to stay in their own homes and producing more vaccines and critical supplies like PPE right here in Ontario.
Only Doug Ford will Get it Done.